Düren mill was established in 1857, and Metsä Tissue acquired the mill in 2010. After a full rebuild of the paper machine and related assets, the mill launched production and converting of greaseproof paper in 2011.
Now greaseproof baking and cooking papers is produced at the site and approximately 100 employees are working in production, maintenance and logistics. At Düren mill we have one greaseproof paper machine and six converting lines.
A state-of-art distribution centre for Metsä Tissue products was built in December 2008.The centre is located some 6 kilometres from the mill. The centre ensures efficient distribution and decreases transports and emissions.
We operate sustainably
- We are an active community member and respect the diversity of the local communities in which we operate.
- We employ a significant number of people and actively promote well-being at work.
- We continuously work to enhance the environmental sustainability.
- We use 100% certified fibres for the production of our products.
- An energy expert team is continuously working on optimizing the energy consumption.
- We reduce fossil CO2 emissions through permanent optimization actions.
Did you know?
Our greaseproof baking and cooking paper promotes low fat cooking and helps to reduce food waste. After use, you can either burn or sort it as organic waste, because the paper is both biodegradable and compostable.
Metsä Tissue GmbH
Mailing address: P.O. Box 10 13 53, D-52313 Düren
Visiting address: Veldener Str. 121-131, D-52349 Düren
Tel: +49 (0) 2421 4405 0